Orchard School recognizes that parents & families are their children's first and most influential teachers and that continued parent & family involvement in the education of children contributes greatly to student achievement and a positive school environment.
In order to engage parents/families in their children's education, the staff at Orchard does the following:
- Encourages parents/families to serve as volunteers in the school, attend student functions and school meetings, participate in site councils, and other advisory councils.
- Regularly communicates with families regarding events, homework, academics and behavior through classroom newsletters, phone calls, email/text messages, regular parent meetings, progress reports each trimester, and report cards.
- Offers parent/family educational opportunities including: weekly access to the Library Media Center, classes offered through Support Services around a variety of topics, and training/meetings facilitated by counselor, teachers and administrator on a variety of educational and Social Emotional Learning topics.
- Family Resources
- Orchard School Registration
- Family Involvement
- TRUSD APPS/AERIES Portal
- 2023-2024 Student Calendar
- Parent/Student Handbook
- Parent-School Compact
- Comprehensive School Safety Plan
- Parking Lot Safety
- Orchard General Ed Bus Routes
- Orchard Expanded Learning Program
- Bell Schedule
- Noon Duty Schedule